TOP 4 BEST ACUPRESSURE MAT REVIEWS
Back pain is an exceptionally common problem among the majority of the world’s population. Deep integration of transport and sedentary lifestyle are the main reasons for the weakness of lower back muscles in particular and thus, back pain. But what could an average office worker do? There are plenty of ways of treating back pain. You can undergo medical treatment, you can exercise, but today, in this review article we are going to present you with another way to relieve back pain. And as you can guess, It is using the top quality best acupressure mat!
Acupressure mats offer several great benefits for not only back pain treatment but the improvement of the overall health condition as well. Whether you are an athlete or just an office worker, using an acupuncture mat will be really helpful for your overall condition.
You can use an acupressure mat in combination with other methods of health monitoring too! Why not treat your back with such a mat after a heavy workout at the gym? In addition, you can get neck pillows with spikes, which can really help you with treating neck pain!
Today, we are going to present you with 4 great acupressure mats, which we consider the best on the market. Besides, we will give a couple of tips on their use, examine whether acupuncture mats really work or not, present you with their benefits, and finally, answer several frequently asked questions.
But let’s start with us introducing you to our today’s best pick!
Best Acupressure Mat Pick by SleepSeed
Our best pick is the acupressure mat set by Spoonk! It is a great kit for pain relief and tension release of any point of your body. That’s possible thanks to the included regular- and travel-size acupressure mats and a grooved ball to treat your feet. Spoonk’s set is really affordable too!
But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t look into other acupuncture mats presented here. To show their uniqueness, let’s get started these acupressure mat reviews-
Top 4 Best Acupressure Mat Reviews
The first product on our list has manufactured by Spoonk. Our today’s best pick, as we already mentioned, comes with two mats, one regular- and the other travel-size, plus a groove ball.
You can use the regular-size model for back pain treatment while the travel-size acupressure mat will be more useful for taking care of local pain, for example, in the neck or a part of your back. As for the groove ball, you can place it under your feet to relieve tension.
According to Spoonk, the mats are built of 100% high-quality thick cotton and plant-based eco-foam. The regular-size mat has 6210 spikes for the provision of great effect. The whole set comes with a 1-year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee.
- Includes travel- and regular-size mats as well as a groove ball.
- The travel-size acupuncture mat is great for relieving local pain.
- The groove ball is capable of treating tension in your feet.
- 1-year warranty plus 30-day money back guarantee.
- Moderate number of spikes.
While the second acupressure mat doesn’t come with a groove ball and a travel mat, it is a great product nonetheless. It is especially durable too! Pranamant ECO is so confident in its acupressure mat that it is backed up by a 5-year warranty, not to mention the 30-day money back guarantee.
This mat performs just as one would expect. It is covered by 221 lotus-flower massagers and more than 5000 spikes. It is a great alternative to Spoonk’s mat if you don’t need anything more than just a regular-size mat. Just keep in mind that Pranamat ECO’s mat will probably be much more expensive.
- Covered by 221-lotus flower massagers and 5000+ spikes for great back pain treatment.
- Built of only natural and environment-friendly materials.
- Exceptionally durable.
- Backed up by 5-year limited warranty and 30-day money back guarantee.
- The most expensive acupressure mat on the list.
- Has the least number of spikes among the reviewed mats.
The next of what we consider the best acupuncture mats is a product by Zensufu. It is an affordable alternative to Spoonk’s mat as it comes with a neck pillow. While not offering the same level of flexibility as Spoonk’s travel-size mat, the pillow will be of great use if you have neck pain.
The regular-size mat delivers great performance and back pain relief thanks to its 212 flowers with 30 spikes each (around 6360 spikes overall). Despite being the most affordable model on our reviews, it generally delivers the same effect as the other acupuncture mats and has the same features! Well, maybe if the top wouldn’t be open and exposing the sponge, that would be better!
- Comes with a mat and a neck pillow.
- Nice alternative to Spoonk’s mat set.
- 212 flowers with 30 spikes on each deliver great stress relieving effect.
- Quite expensive.
The last product on this acupressure mat reviews article is a mat by Bed of Nails. This one is particularly noteworthy for its higher nail count (8820), which reaches more acupressure points and helps relieve back pain more efficiently.
The 100% cotton acupressure mat comes with a travel bag for convenient and easy carry and storage. In addition, you can separately purchase a neck pillow by Bed of Nails with 2142 acupressure points to treat neck pain and muscle tension.
Keep in mind that the price of this mat on Amazon has doubled during the last couple of years. If you are considering buying this mat, you should look around to find one with the best price.
- Higher nail count for more efficient back pain treatment.
- You can additionally get a neck pillow for neck tension relief.
- Keep out of the higher price.
How to Use Acupressure Mats?
You can generally lay on an acupuncture mat anywhere and anytime as long as you have free time. Many people use them on floors, chairs, beaches, or any other flat place. As for the time of the day of use, some people use them before sleep or immediately after waking up. You will just have to find the perfect combination of place and time for yourself.
But let us give you a couple of general tips on the use of acupressure mats:
- Use acupressure mats on hard floors for maximum intensity of the massage. You can put the mat on matrices or chairs if the intensity is painful for you.
- The initial 3-5 minutes will be painful, so try to handle the pressure.
- Breathe deeply to initially adjust the mat.
- A typical session will last around 20-30 minutes based on your preference.
- While using an acupressure mat on your face, stomach, or chest, be especially gentle.
Do Acupressure Mats Work?
There is an important and quite common question – do acupressure mats really work? And the reason for such a question is obvious as only the looks of an acupuncture mat resemble some device for little torture. If you are not sure whether such mats work or not, you should know that they really can help with some issues.
The idea of acupressure mats is based on the theory that the human body is lined with pressure points, which release natural pain-relieving hormones upon stimulation. And the method pretty much proves itself to be actually working. The increased blood circulation due to the pain stimulation is exceptionally useful as well. The effects of pain stimulation can ultimately relieve stress and bring better sleep.
Some studies have shown that acupressure mats don’t really help relieve stress and getting good sleep. Besides, while such mats dealt with peak levels of pain, it couldn’t impact the average pain during the day. But you should know that the effect of an acupressure mat will greatly depend on the individual, so you should neither believe in their 100% effect nor be completely skeptical about their benefits.
We wouldn’t recommend you to trust an acupressure mat in dealing with any of your back and neck pain problems. The reason for back and pain issues are extremely diverse, so you can’t be sure that a mat with spikes has the potential to treat any of them. But an acupressure mat is a great addition to your main way of medical treatment, so it will be a great buy nonetheless.
Acupressure Mats Benefits
There are a number of benefits of using ‘Acupressure Mats’, however, it does not impact everyone in a similar manner. Here are few common benefits of acupressure mats-
- Better Sleep: Less pain means less stress, which ultimately leads to better sleep. While improved sleep may not always occur immediately after acupuncture mat treatment, it is a useful side effect nonetheless.
- Improved Blood Circulation: Pain stimulation results in an increased blood flow in the body, which allows various chemicals and hormones to reach their destination much easier.
- Pain Relief: Pain stimulation by acupuncture mats, as we already mentioned, stimulates the release of natural pain-relieving hormones. After the release of those pain-relieving hormones, the increased blood flow will quickly deliver them to the acupuncture points.
- Muscle Soreness Recovery: Acupressure mat treatment would be great to release muscle tension after workouts. In general, acupuncture is a method of therapy widely used by athletes of any sports discipline. While using an acupuncture mat isn’t exactly performing acupuncture, it will deliver pretty similar effect.
- Relaxation and Stress Relief: Obviously, better sleep, improved blood circulation, and pain relief will lead to less overall levels of stress.
Who Can Use Acupressure Mats?
Acupressure mats do not have any gender or age restrictions. Let’s list who can use them for back tension release and pain relief:
- People suffering from chronic low back pains.
- People suffering from body pains.
- People suffering from shoulder and neck pains.
- People suffering from pain in their lower hips, feet, and other sensitive parts of the body.
- People who cannot sleep well regularly due to stress.
- People working under high loads during the day.
- People who work out, practice sports and are generally physically active.
While anyone can use acupressure mats, there are some cases in which one should not treat their back pain with an acupuncture mat:
- Pregnant women.
- People with cut wounds or/and sores on the skin.
- People with sunburn or skin disorders.
- People with blood disorders or who are using anticoagulants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Would it be ok if I wore a shirt while lying on an acupressure mat?
You can do that if you feel too uncomfortable during direct skin contact initially. Just keep in mind that the best effect is delivered when your back contacts the mat directly.
Can I use an acupressure mat before sleep?
You not only can do that but maybe even should. If you are having problems with your sleep, acupressure mat therapy right before you go to bed may be exceptionally helpful for you. Such a mat can help you relax, which is crucial for good, deep sleep. Deep sleep is crucial for the production of the growth hormone which, among other things, boosts the immune system.
What part of the body can I use an acupuncture mat on?
Anywhere you can and anywhere you need! You can place a mat under your abdomen to treat tension or pain in the muscles. You can even use your mat for treating your feet! Just remember to wear your socks as you shouldn’t expect your feet to be as tough and pain-resistant as your back.
That’s is for our review of best acupressure mats plus a couple of tips for their use! If you are having back pain and have tried everything besides acupressure mat treatment, maybe you should give it a go!
While you probably should not expect your acupressure map to do miracles, it will be a pretty decent way of taking care of your muscles. Actually, we would advise you to use an acupressure mat in combination with other methods of treating muscle tension and pain. That would be the most efficient way to keep yourself in a good shape!
If you have decided to get an acupressure mat, take a good look at the aforementioned models. They are what we consider the best picks for anyone, so maybe you can find what you are looking for right after you read the reviews!
February 11, 2018
November 21, 2017
October 18, 2017